Messenger is rolling out a new feature ’Group Invite Links’, which, as it sounds, gives group admins the capacity to quickly and easily invite people to Messenger group chats.
As you can see in the tweet given below, posted by new Messenger chief Loredana Crisan, the new option will enable admins to share links to their Messenger group chats, which could be great for kicking off fresh communities for class parents and study groups as we head into the new school year.
This can be an easy way for maximizing the Messenger group chat experience, with quick and easy links to let people into the chat.
As we head back to school, many of us are kicking off group chats for class parents and study groups. You can now create a link to any group chat in @Messenger and @Instagram DM’s so it’s easy for anyone to join and share the chat. 📚🍎 pic.twitter.com/oXtvKpdxdO— Loredana Crisan (@loredanacrisan) August 31, 2022
Also Read: Snapchat Launches New ‘Dual’ Camera Option
This could also have brand use when inviting people to exclusive communities, where you could reveal new product info, or call on them for input into new designs.
This can also help in building stronger bonds with key community members, which can be a great way to maximize brand awareness and presence.
A step-by-step guide to turning on and sharing group invite links on Messenger :
- In addition to the share sheet, group admins on Instagram also have the option to share a group link via Stories using the Join Chat Sticker.
2. If you’re an admin, navigate to the thread details for any group chat
3. Under “Chat info”, tap the “Invite Link” entry point
4. Toggle on “Invite Link” to activate it
5. Decide how you want to share it – copy the link or select an option on the share sheet
6. Recipients can then click the link and join the chat
Meta also notes that the option will be available for group chats on Instagram