Instagram is now testing a new feature, ‘Collab’! Just a day ago, Roxanne a.k.a ‘ladyroxpop’ unveiled the news “Testing Collab: Co-Author Reels and Feed Posts” on Instagram. For engagement and growing community, collaborations have always played a huge role. So, this new feature which Instagram is currently testing is going to make things a lot easier. Imagine the ‘Collab’ power!
Certain points to keep in mind as stated by Roxanne:
- “From the tagging screen, you can now invite another account to be a collaborator on the post or reel.
- If they accept, both accounts will appear in the post or reel header, and it will be shared to both sets of followers.
- The post or reel will live on both Profile Grids and have a shared view count, like count, and comment thread.
- This is only testing to a small percentage of our global community now!”
Steps to follow for using the ‘Collab’ feature on Instagram:
1. Upload any feed post or reel
2. At the end of editing, ‘Tag People’ will appear. Click on it.
3. Now, tap on the ‘Invite Collaborator’ option to collaborate with another creator.
4. After inviting, search and select the specific person as a collaborator. (P. S. – Only Public accounts who are receiving the test can be invited.)
5. Only after your request is accepted, the creator’s name will be added as the tagged person. It will be noted in the header of your feed post or reel.
The ‘Collab’ tool will not only increase followers but also be a benefit for creators, influencers, and brands. They will be able to connect with the audience more easily. The focus will be more on common interests, passion, and goals which will maximize engagement and audience growth.