Since the rise of Instagram, hashtags have been an integral part of the engagement. As new updates popped up, the whole engagement game changed, but doubts and misconceptions about hashtags remained. To clear it up, Roxanne shared “Tips for using Hashtags” on Instagram just a day ago.
Here are the do’s and don’ts as well as things to note while using hashtags as shared by Roxanne:
- “Do use hashtags that are relevant to the theme of your content.
- Do check which hashtags your fans already use and follow.
- Do mix well-known and niche hashtags to broaden your discoverability.
- Do use specific hashtags so your fans can easily search for your content. You can even create your own!
- Do keep the number of hashtags between 3-5!”
- “Don’t use hashtags that have nothing to do with your content (e.g. #explorepage).
- Don’t use overly generic hashtags – these will make it harder for people to discover your content due to the volume of other people using the hashtags.
- Don’t use too many hashtags – adding 10-20 hashtags will not help you get additional distribution.”
Things To Keep In Mind:
- “The content itself and the way people interact with it can affect distribution more than the hashtag.
- Think of a hashtag as a tool that provides context about your post and supports delivering content to people who are interested in a particular topic.”
So, these are the necessary points for hashtags that you need to keep in mind. Btw, are you interested in product photography? Then check out Instagram Shares Creative Tips on Product Photography That You Need to Know!