Spotify’s event Stream On that happened in the start of this month saw different artists, songwriters, video and content creators, podcasters, and fans from all over the world join Spotify for their second Stream On event.
“Stream On is about all the ways we are bringing Spotify to life and letting creators at all stages of their careers know that we are open for business,” Spotify Founder and CEO Daniel Ek said. “We are focused on building the best home for them—a place where they can establish a career, thrive, and grow, and where the world can be inspired by their creativity. And that’s what we’ve been doing for almost 17 years: building, improving, and reimagining this home to better meet creator needs and help them chart new pathways to success.”
With Stream On, we continue to demonstrate our dedication to the creative community through expanded app capabilities, a comprehensive one-stop shop for podcasting, and more possibilities for artists to interact with their audience.
We are eager to extend that ambition to even more authors in new mediums as we look to the future. By offering the best tools, support, and interactivity, we’re enabling more innovation, discovery, and personalization than ever before,” he stated.
Assisting viewers in finding creators and artists
One of the most significant developments since Spotify’s launch has been unveiled: a new, dynamic mobile interface designed for better discovery and stronger connections between artists and fans.
They intend to give fans an even greater voice in the audio discovery process with this new experience, as well as give creators a larger platform to express their work. The new interface makes finding new audio easier than ever before and introduces listeners to their next favourite author, podcast, or book. It is powered by enhanced suggestions, new visual canvases, and an entirely new and interactive design. It all comes down to bridging the gap between creators and fans and creating the conditions for long-term relationships that go beyond the realm of viral success.
Also Read: KING of collaborations is ready to break new records!
The new Spotify will roll out in waves to our 500 million+ monthly active users beginning today. Here’s what to expect:
- Listeners can sample music, podcasts, and audiobooks in the feeds for Music, Podcasts & Shows, and Audiobooks before playing or saving them. Moreover, “shortcuts” are being added to the top of listeners’ feeds.
- Users will be able to quickly and simply browse customized, brief Canvas excerpts from tracks across some of your favourite genres thanks to new feeds for discovery on Search.
- They will now offer “Autoplay for Podcasts,” which means that when one episode of a podcast ends, another episode that the user would find interesting and relevant will begin playing automatically, just like they do with music.
- More music to adore with their customised AI DJ, which reinvents how users hear and find their favourite music.
- With just a click of a button, you can easily give well selected playlists fresh life with Smart Shuffle.
Promoting the success of artists through streaming
They also published Loud & Clear, our yearly report on music royalties. The 2023 report shows that more musicians than ever are experiencing success: Over the past five years, both the number of artists making $1 million or more as well as those making $10,000 or more has more than doubled.
According to Loud & Clear, Spotify has paid out approximately 70% of all music revenue it has ever made back to the music business, and its cumulative payments to music rights holders have reached close to $40 billion.
Enabling the growth of an artist’s fanbase through new and improved technologies
To assist musicians in finding the listeners who will enjoy their music the best, they are constantly expanding our toolkit. They will soon find the following new features in Spotify for Musicians’ Campaigns section:
- Marquee is a full-screen, sponsored recommendation of a recent release that aims to connect with music lovers who have already expressed an interest in a particular artist’s work.
- Spotify will include the priority songs identified by artists and their teams through Discovery Mode into the algorithms used to create individualised listening experiences.
- Showcase is a mobile card on our brand-new home feed that introduces an artist’s music to potential fans, whether it be a recent release or their entire history. Showcase is currently being tested with artists and labels and will soon be made more generally accessible.
- Also, they introduced new features and product upgrades that enable more artists to express themselves creatively and generate buzz among followers. They consist of:
- Spotify Clips, which enables musicians to add 30-second videos to their artist pages and album pages so that listeners may learn more about their tales as they go along;
- Fans may pre-save albums, view exclusive videos, pre-order merchandise, preview track lists, and watch the countdown count down to a new release on Countdown Pages, which are designated spaces on an artist’s profile and Spotify’s Home stream.
Spotify for Podcasters
In order to present the revamped Spotify for Podcasters, podcast creators joined our executives on stage. To create, manage, grow, and monetize podcast content, the website now combines the best podcast creator tools from Spotify into a one location, including:
Increasing the accessibility of Spotify’s distinctive features, such as video podcasting, interactive episodes using polls and Q&As, subscriptions, and extensive statistics.
Spotify Labs, Podcast Chapters, a new section for instructional podcasting content, and podcast previews
In the future, Spotify for Podcasters will incorporate Megaphone, the company’s hosting service for enterprise publishers.
Announcing more and more exclusives and more Spotify Originals
Case 63, The Joe Rogan Experience, and Call Her Daddy claimed the top three slots on Wrapped’s list of the world’s best podcasts in 2022, demonstrating the popularity of Spotify Original and Exclusive podcasts. Four of the top five global songs are now exclusively available on Spotify thanks to Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain.
These are the updates that they’ve announced for the future. However, not confirmed and there could be changes in the updates. Follow Social Nation to know more about the updates.